Fish Bot

While still at the academy I was assigned to design a few characters that would be considered 'super heroes'. Admittedly I forgot about the assignment and conjured up a few sketches minutes before it was due.

Since it was a character design class gearing more towards fictional cartoon types I went for a design that would ultimately be appealing and funny to myself.

Thus Fish Bot was born! He is a gold fish in a robotic suit ready to kick ass and take names. And chew bubble gum.

Although Fish Bot grew popular with myself and a few friends, the graded assignment was returned with a whopping 'D'. Apparently Fish Bot was not super hero enough. Turns out fish can't fight very well, regardless if they are cartoon characters. Now I know cartoons must make logical sense.

Nevertheless! After having semi-finished Vince and giving him some proper animation cycles (more to come) I've decided to bring Fish Bot back, tweak it here and there and eventually model,rig, and animate in 3d.
The suit design is still in the works and proper front, side,back and 3/4 plates will be laid out for modeling in 3d. Color is not final. More of Fish Bot to come!

2 comments:

Teej said...

Fishbot is tight. Hands down one of the most creative superheroes I have in a long. I would dress up as him on superhero day or really any day for that matter,straight up. Excellent work dude.

Chris said...

Dude, Fishbot is dope! Have you done anything else with him?